Saturday, July 30, 2011

summer projects


I LOVE LOVE LOVE decorating. If you know me well then you know how I plan and organize everything far in advance. I have been thinking about how to decorate my new room this year for the past few months; probably before I had even moved out of my old apartment. It didn’t really take long to decide on a theme. I have gone over a few ideas in my head, but I feel as if I can picture my room exactly as I want it. I have bought a few things at thrift stores and garage sales. I need to sand and re-paint a few items, which I should probably get on pretty soon. 
These pictures are a few of the things I’ve bought at thrift stores and garage sales to decorate my room. I decided to go with a tree theme and accent the theme with owls. I am currently working with a company called, Cottleville Crafts to get a wall size tree stencil created. I looked at many stores, but the sizes of the trees are too small.

  •  The owl, mini books, and vase will be placed randomly around the room, but the window pane is going to be sanded and re-painted. I'm not sure what color I will re-paint it yet.







  • I'm planning on sanding and re-painting this white shelf. It will probably end up a bright yellow color. I have quite a few of the old, classic books (these two are Huckleberry Finn and Robin Hood) which I plan on making into mini wall shelves and putting picture frames or random knickknacks on.





  •  I'm going to leave this wall hanger red and use it for purses or scarves or umbrellas. I'm not totally sure yet.










  •  These items will all just be used to hang around the walls and to place on top of shelves! I love the owl mirror. I got it on sale for $15.00 at Earthbound.









Although, I have things planned out in my head I’m not sure what the final product will look like. My room has 4 walls, but one is a huge closest, one is empty, and two have a total of four windows. I’m sad that I don’t have much wall space, but I will make it work! 

Lastly, I’m super excited about my closet because I want to make a crafting/couponing section inside the closet. It’s big enough to fit a card table in and then I can grab my desk chair and have all of my supplies right there. I don’t have anything purchased yet to make this station, but I can’t wait until it’s ready. I plan on taking before and after pictures of my room, as well as, before and after pictures of my shelf and window pane. I can’t wait to share the pictures of my completed room, even though I feel as if a room is never complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment