Thursday, July 28, 2011

a joy that could never be replaced.

If I got to choose how to spend my days it would consist of something like this -- being outside and taking photographs of the beautiful landscape that the Lord has made, spending time with the people who mean the world to me, coming up with creative Do It Yourself projects and then creating them, serving those in my community, cooking a meal from scratch and then finishing it off with a homemade dessert, going shopping with my coupons and getting great sales, having a dance party with some awesome moves, and spending time with the One who made me. 

In this world there are many things that we can find happiness in. Obviously, I have found the ones that fill me. But there is a difference between finding happiness in this world and finding pure joy. I find all of my joy in the One who loves me and died for me. My life is not about myself, but about something much bigger. I hope that through this blog I can share all of the things that bring me happiness - hoping that you too can find happiness in those things, but more importantly that you can find the same joy that I am lucky enough to experience each and every day. A joy that could never be replaced.

       "Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God."
                                                                    --Robert Schuller

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Can't wait to see what is next! I'll try to start one... no promises :)

    ReplyDelete