Friday, October 5, 2012

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.He makes me lie down in green pastures,
 he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
 He guides me along the right paths
 for his name’s sake. Even though I walk
 through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil,
 for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
 they comfort me. You prepare a table before me
 in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil;
 my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
  forever. 
- Psalm 23 

This has been the verse that has been on my heart for the past few weeks. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a control freak and a planner. This is a very exciting time in my life because it is my last semester at Missouri State and then I move home, student teach, and then get married! This semester I decided to really really try to keep a heavenly perspective. This is something that I have found is easy to say you're doing, but is an entirely different thing to actually do. I surrendered so many things to the Lord. My schoolwork, my stress, and my worries. The three biggest things were probably my student teacher placement, Chris' and I's future, and my stress load this semester. I have to say, giving up control is one of the best things I have ever done. I honestly don't know why I didn't do it earlier. The Lord has been working in so many amazing ways. It's incredible. I'm excited to share some of those things in future posts :) This verse just reminds me that He is leading me, He is refreshing me, and He is guiding me. If I choose to be obedient and look to Him for direction, everything will work out. As many of my classmates are freaking out this semester about the amount of work and the amount of stress, I find myself dwelling in the presence of the Lord. Finding joy, peace, and happiness.  



No comments:

Post a Comment